What is common Bangkok street food dish?
Bangkok street food vendors are everywhere, and every corner of our town. It is our soul that drives our nation. From blue collar up to a middle class worker, they are eating from Bangkok street food from 1-5 times a day. It is because there are lots of vendors all around the city. It is very easy to access and very affordable.
In the western world, you may find truck food which sells burger, hot dog or taco for a quick meal. In Thailand we have a variety of meals that you could select a suite for your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack during the day. This article is going to talk about most common Bangkok street food that we usually see.
- Somtam Kaiyang . Somtam is papaya salad. Kaiyang is grilled chicken. This is the main dishes sell on there are additional products that people order some namtok (spicy pork salad), soup normal (spicy bamboo soup ), mushroom soup (spicy mushroom soup) and lap moo (spicy minced pork). All of this food are from the northeast of Thailand which is qu ite spicy and have a special taste and smell. They use palar (ปลาร้า) or a fermented fish seasoning which is quite strong smell.
- Fruit cart >> Every morning, the fruit cart will be ready to sell nearby a office building. Many people grab fruit as a quick meal. The fruit cart generally offers seasonal fruit such as watermelon, guava, mango, papaya and pineapple. There are also see some rose apple, coconut or etc. Beside the cheap price, the fruit cart offer fresh, quick and healthy meal for you since morning till afternoon. Love it.
- Chai Si Mi Keaw . This is the brand name of noodle shops. They have the most amount of branches in Thailand. They have franchisee every corner of Bangkok. They serve egg noodle, wonton and roasted pork. They sell food in the evening. People can order noodle or wonton as they prefer. Then mixed with chilly, vinegar or sugar as the taste that you prefer.
- Beverage vendor is not only sold coffee. They also offer Thai ice tea, lemonade , green tea, lemon tea and etc. It is most offer a cold drink as the ice slushy with seasonal fruit such as coconut, tea, watermelon, lime, apple and more. Thailand is in warm climates so the ice could cool down and very good refreshment.
- Look chin toad or meat ball which has various kinds of meat. Mainly the meat is included pork, biff, fish, shrimp or squid. It is deep fried and meat ball put in bamboo stick like BBQ. After fried it, they will dip into spicy sauce which is not only the spicy sauce but also sweet and salty.
This is a common food and drink that Bangkok people have in daily life. Don’t be afraid to experience the taste of Bangkok street food Look around if there is a lot of people buy it, why don’t you try some of it . You never know, maybe you finally find the meal that you most enjoy.